Knott Frugal By Nature

I am in no way, shape or form frugal. Hence the name of my blog. I am trying to get out of debt and thought others might apprecitate my thoughts on living a somewhat hip, frugal life.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Spanx


I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past weekend. It was one of the best weddings I have ever been to - Congrats Lauren and Joe! Anyway, in anticipation of wearing my bridesmaid's dress, I went to Nordstroms and bought a Spanx full length smoothing slip for $75. Yes, I did have a lapse of frugal judgement but hey, I knew I was going to be in the wedding of the century and I wanted to look good.

Anyway, Lauren and I went by Dillards in Cincinnati to pick up something for her mom and I stumbled upon a no name brand full length smoothing slip for $25. I tried it on and lo and behold, it fit better than the Spanx. The salesgirl told us that pretty much every "foundation undergarment" aka girdle is made by the same manufacturer and then sold to particular brand name companies. Moral of the story is don't spend $75 on a brand name when you can get the same thing for $25!

Oh and Michelle, one of the other fabulous looking bridesmaids, was wearing the Spanx biker shorts and said she could barely breathe. The slip wasn't too bad, it did come off about half way through the reception though.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jess Knott Clark said...

Yep, I did return it for a full refund! Hi there Kathie :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home