Lessons from a Hairstylist

I did it! I went to the salon on Saturday and didn't buy any hair products. You don't understand, this is a big deal for me. Elizabeth, my hairstylist, noticed that my hair was dry and scolded me for using VO5. Thankfully, she gave me a deep conditioning treatment to reverse the ill effects of my money saving scheme.
Elizabeth did give me a wonderful idea/tip on how to maintain great hair on a budget. She said olive oil, heated up in the microwave works wonders as a deep conditioning treatment. Simply apply to your hair (a little goes a long way), wrap it in a towel and let it sit for about 20 minutes. When washing the hair out, apply shampoo without wetting the hair, rinse, and then wash as usual.
I will try it next week and let you know what I think. Let me know if you have any experience with this trick. I would love some feedback.
Jess

1 Comments:
Jess, that sounds great. I'm ALL about some hair products and the cheaper, the better. I'm going to have to try this. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home